Monday, December 19, 2011

Exercise in Frustration



I have been wanting to try my hand at making a Magnolia Wreath for some time and since the RV Park has lots of Magnolia's I got permission to cut some to make a little spot of Christmas for ourselves.  
 After breakfast,  I got my clippers handy and headed off to the woods.  I was surprised and excited  not only finding Magnolia but lots of holly, red leaves, and  a few other dried weeds to use.   Since childhood and for as many years as I can remember, I have always enjoyed walking in the wild and foraging for weeds to use in crafting.   I am not sure if it is the  quiet of the woods or the attempt at satisfying my creative side that draws me to collecting.   I have very fond memories of  my mother using field  corn and dried weeds displayed with her antiques.   Whatever the reason, I find peace !

As I was building the wreath it seemed to get bigger and bigger and was soon out of control.   I am suddenly faced with..."OK, now what...where do I go with it".   Did I mention that planning is not one of my strong points ?  (LOL)   I tend to just jump in with both feet...and whatever happens, happens !    I figured no problem,  I will hang it on the front of the coach....Hmmm,  didn't think of the fact that the engine is in the rear and there is no grill to attach it to.    I had no alternative but to open the awning and hang it from the strap we use as an anchor for the awning.   
 Somehow it is complete, however, I am not sure it was as relaxing of a project as I had hoped it would be .   That is alright though, it was about 60,  the sun was shining and we have no  SNOW.   Life is good   


UPDATE:   45 minutes later:     I am glad that I took a picture because Bob woke up from his nap and didn't like the way I had it hanging from the awning...took the strap down, dropped the wreath into a heap and it now looks like it went through a hurricane.   I am reminding myself that I shall be thankful that he is trying to be of help.  Oh the memories....


  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the wreath Sue! Didn't you take along the Christmas tree from your MN house?

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath, i have always wanted to make one of those too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Susan, I was excited to see the finishing wreath, I even told my co-workers that you were working on one!
    I don't recall in your blog that you had kids in the house! That's Men for you. All I can say is DAD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking wreath. Sorry for the ultimate outcome.

    ReplyDelete

OOOPS! you almost missed the spot to tell us what is on your mind. Go ahead, leave a comment.....