Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday was a milestone for Just BS!  It was  the first anniversary of Bob's stroke.   For some reason I found it to be a very emotional day when in reality, I should be thankful that our lives have not been altered more severely than they are.

It has been a year full of prayers, sucesses, challenges, laughter, tears and blessings.   We tend to take life for granted, and just squeeze through, not realizing just how blessed we are to be in good health.   I have seen  the frustration and the fear in Bob's eyes over this past year and yet his faith and determination have carried him through several downturns and disappointments.   The man is my rock.   I ask myself if I would have the same strength had the situation been  reversed.

If there is one silver lining in all of this mess, it is that Bob was not younger, he had retired,  and has a good insurance as well as Medicare to cover the extreme expenses.  I have no idea what people do financially when a life altering disaster like this knocks at their door. 







I  thought it would be fitting to see an overview of  this past year in celebration of all of the hard work.    We do have so much to be grateful for this Christmas.

We are once again on the "Road trip of a Lifetime"  and we hope to continue down the road of recovery.  

2 comments:

  1. May God continue to be with Bob and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've both been through a lot, and made great progress. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

OOOPS! you almost missed the spot to tell us what is on your mind. Go ahead, leave a comment.....